Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday Adventure

This week one of my first graders was too cute. He didn't mean to be, but he was cute nonetheless. "B" is in my Language Arts class that includes Latin. Today the Latin must have seemed overwhelming. When I asked the children to get out their Latin books, B turned sincerely to me and said "I am not doing this today" and proceeded to stick his little fingers into his ears and lay his head on the table. He looked close to tears, so I let the incident pass without comment. The rest of the class proceeded with the Latin assignment (it is all oral in class) and went on to the English grammar section. At the end of class we play a phonic/lesson review game. When it came B's turn, he quoted the Latin without hesitation.. so much for the fingers in the ear! I was also informed today by "J" that I am " the coolest teacher at this place" because my classes are fun! Finally someone in school thinks I am cool, LOL!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

How cute! As a music teacher I well know that those kiddoes can make you smile and even CRACK UP!

And then to quote the answers... he just couldn't help himself, could he? LOL! ;-)

Glad that a child actually verbalized what I knew in my heart all along! You are a great teacher and make learning fun!