This summer I am in preparation to become a high school teacher... for my children (or course) and for our small co-op. We have 8 children in our group (ages 13-16). I will teach history, literature, art and possibly writing (how I wish my dear friend Jen lived closer to help me!!) My lesson plans are done and printed. The assignment pages for the year have been made and emailed to all the students. So why do I feel unprepared? Maybe it is knowing that when I finish this stage of schooling that my children won't need me as teacher anymore. Maybe it is knowing that they are growing up and preparing to leave home.
On a happier note, we have plans to visit friends today that we haven't seen in quite a while. Playdates never seem to go out of style, LOL! Then tomorrow I get to visit my favorite addiction spot... SCARCE! For those of you who don't know, I am fatally addicted to books. Is it possible to have too many? I didn't think so! SCARCE is a book recycling system. When schools or individuals are finished with a book, they can turn it into SCARCE and teachers can come and get books for FREE (my favorite price!!) to use in the classroom. I am hoping to get some classroom sets of the books I need for my literature class.
We are participating again with Miracle League. It is baseball for handicapped children and we get to help our buddies bat, run, and catch for 6 weeks in the Spring and Fall. The kids love to drive the wheelchairs (not all of them are physically handicapped, some are autistic and such as well) and cheer on their buddy. This in a noncompetitive league, so everyone wins and both sides cheer for each other!
Flyboy has been missing out on flight lately. Sparky, his instructor's plane, has been feeling sick and needed some hospital time. While it is out of commission, they are also redoing all the upholstery. We can't wait to see the new and improved Sparky!
Simba is going to camp for the first time! She and her best friend are going to Treehouse Camp for a week. It is just a couple of hours away. They will be going on a canoe trip and doing all the normal camp stuff. We will really miss her! I won't know what to do without her here!
Monday, May 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow! Summer Camp! She is going to have too much fun. And, for the record, "your friend Jen" wishes she lived much closer, too! We always have wayyyy too much fun together...
Post a Comment